Bonus Workout Tips & Secrets
We gathered many useful workout tips and secrets from many experienced fitness masters.
1) Wine and beer contain a small number of nutrients and micronutrients, but other alcoholic beverages, such as whiskey, vodka, and gin consist of nothing but “nutritionally-empty calories.”
2) Caffeine should be used in moderation. Caffeine is found in coffee, tea, some soft drinks and foods that contain cocoa. It is also in some drugs such as cold remedies and in medicine sold over the counter to relieve headaches.
3) The majority of exercise physiologists feel that sports drinks are unnecessary for most people and that plain water, along with the salt in the food we eat, are all that is needed to replenish the water and sodium lost during moderate exercise.
4) Before you buy, read and understand the labels on food packages.
5) “Eat Slowly.” This is especially vital when you’re trying to lose weight. If you’re someone who eats fast, you’re not giving yourself a chance to feel full. While everyone else is still eating, you either sit and pick, or you have seconds, taking in extra calories you could avoid if you would just slow down.
More Bonus Tips & Secrets
6) It’s a lot easier to eat 1,000 Calories than it is to burn 1,000 Calories by exercising. So a stroll after dinner won’t offset the calories you ingest eating a big meal.
7) Understand that the only sure way to slim down for keeps is to eat less and exercise more. There are no safe short cuts or miracle methods for taking off weight.
8) Successful weight loss and subsequent weight maintenance require knowledge, desire, and discipline. Avoid the latest fad diets. Instead, take the time to develop a true understanding of weight control and then change your eating and activity habits accordingly.
9) Consistently choose healthy foods, avoid harmful foods and large portions and exercise regularly. Nothing else will work over the long haul.
10) Experts agree that whether you are trying to lose weight or just maintain your weight, it’s calories that count. In theory, it doesn’t matter what foods the calories are from – to lose weight eat fewer calories than you burn.
10) Weight loss occurs when your food energy intake is less than the total energy you expend. This difference in calories is referred to as your calorie deficit in extra calories you could avoid if you would just slow down.
11) How much weight you lose depends on the magnitude of your calorie deficit. A deficit of approximately 3,500 Calories is needed to lose one pound.
More Workout Tips and Tricks
12) If you are overweight start on a weight loss diet now because it will only become more difficult to lose weight as you get older.
13) Inevitably, everyone on a diet hits an exasperating weight-loss plateau. The only way to bust through the plateau is to reduce your calorie intake and/or to step up your exercise intensity.
14) Slow weight loss is healthier, is more likely to be permanent, and is easier to sustain over the long haul. So when it comes to weight loss, don’t be in a hurry!
15) A very important weight-profile parameter is your waist-to-hip ratio. Among men with a ratio above 1.0 and for women with a ratio above 0.8, the health risks for heart attack and stroke increase significantly. To calculate your ratio, measure your waist size (at its narrowest circumference) and divide it by your hip size (at its widest section).
16) The general weight-loss rule is “last on first off.” When you lose weight, it normally it will come off in the reverse order of where you gained it. So you can’t do much about that. There is no food, no exercise, no magic pill that will cause your body to lose fat in one place rather than another.
Even More Bonus Workout Tips & Secrets
17) Take a daily multi-vitamin/mineral supplement. This is important when you’re on a diet – as a kind of insurance policy.
18) Keep a daily fitness log to record your progress. For some people, it really works wonders.
19) To get and stay fit and help control your weight, walk every day and work out with dumbbells for twenty minutes two or three times a week. That’s all most people need.
20) Finally, get a scientifically sound and effective weight control book to help you lose weight in a safe and healthy manner. Consider NoPaperPress, with its extensive line of weight control, nutrition and exercise eBooks written by experts for sensible adults. No fads here! These are eBooks you can trust.